Monday, November 3, 2008

The Space Blockade: A Dark Summer

This is the title of my new collection. Sometimes you go away for a while to come back stronger and better then ever. Don't get a hiatus confused with stepping out of the game completely. You should already know I'm not one for that. 

So on that note, a brief description: 

Over the summer I came up with 3 ideas. Exploring the beauty and innovation of architecture, the use of positive and negative space, and, sharp hard lines. It took about 3 full months to get all the molds ready for casting, and to then brainstorm on the technical aspects of the collection, which is small and well executed at 12 pieces. 4 Rings, 4 Pendants, 2 Earrings, and 2 Bracelets. 

The Dark Summer aspect was in part inspired by a lot of others designers, and in part due to the timing. I'd love to drop this for fall, and even now it all depends on the timing. But it is what it is, and I'm bringing the heat, so don't worry. The collection is made entirely of fine sterling silver, oxidized silver, and black onyx, hence the dark title. 

I found a great photographer out of Frisco, that I'm very excited to work with. Photographing metals is very tricky and with jewelry especially, so finding that right type of photographer is essential. 

Basically you are about to see a new side of the brand. Better materials, better branding, just better. A new website is in the works. And as you noticed I changed the logo, a few months back. 

Fin. 

-Sade 

No comments: