Friday, November 28, 2008

Relevance: 808's & Heartbreak



















I wanted to talk about this album briefly. I think its fair to say that Kanye represents a new direction in todays hip-hip, pop, and r&b music genres. More to the point, is that he blurs the lines of these 3 genres seamlessly. 

Take the intro, if you will. The first song on the album. Say You Will. It sets the tone for the entire album, being very slow and moody. A really beautiful song. The beat just makes me want to smoke a fat joint, with the lights real low. And the way he lets the track rock for more than a 2 minutes is a bit cocky, and you can't deny how dope the beat is. He has a genius quality when it comes to music. I think Kanye's influence on the music industry is amazing, and I just can't wait to see what he continues to produce. 

No comments: